Find Waldo Local (in our store and in your home)
Originally, before COVID-19 hit, we had been selected as one of only 250 indie bookstores all across the country to partner with Candlewick Press and the American Booksellers Association to host a "Find Waldo Local" Scavenger Hunt during the month of July. It would have encouraged community members to shop local in their search for hidden Waldo carboard figures in many of our downtown shops. And there would have been a big party at the bookstore at the end of the month.
BUT NOW, DURING JULY AND AUGUST, WE'VE GONE DIGITAL AND ARE ENCOURAGING YOU TO HAVE YOUR OWN SCAVENGER HUNTS AND ACTIVITIES AT HOME. BEGIN BY STOPPING BY OUR STORE:
- Shop in the store and if you find the hidden Waldo cardboard figure and bring him to the cash counter with your purchase, you'll get a free mini candy bar!
- Check out all of our "Where's Waldo?" books (some are great for keeping kids occupied on long car rides).
- Because of the pandemic, the Find Waldo Local Scavenger Hunt had to be moved to inside the walls (and yards) of your own homes.
- Download and print out the PDF documents at the bottom of THIS PAGE for free family-friendly activities to do together with your children.
- Take plenty of pictures of Waldo doing everyday chores and your family engaging in Where's Waldo? activities, and share them on social media with the hashtags #FindWaldoLocal and #WheresWaldo and tagging @bookbungalow, @tanyasbookbungalow, @book_bungalow, and @Candlewick.
- At the end of August, we'll give a free Where's Waldo book to the family that shares their Waldo adventures the most (that means you have to tag us so we'll know).