The Castle of Llyr: The Chronicles of Prydain, Book 3 (Paperback)
Other Books in Series
This is book number 3 in the The Chronicles of Prydain series.
- #1: The Book of Three (The Chronicles of Prydain #1) (Paperback): $7.99
- #2: The Black Cauldron (The Chronicles of Prydain #2) (Paperback): $7.99
- #4: Taran Wanderer: The Chronicles of Prydain, Book 4 (Paperback): $7.99
- #5: The High King: The Chronicles of Prydain, Book 5 (Paperback): $7.99
- #6: The Foundling: And Other Tales of Prydain (The Chronicles of Prydain #6) (Paperback): $7.99
The Castle of Llyr by Lloyd Alexander, Book Three in The Chronicles of Prydain
Princess Eilonwy hates to leave her friend Taran, Assistant Pig-Keeper, and her beloved home, Caer Dallben. Why does she have to go to the Isle of Mona to train as a proper lady when she's already a princess? But Eilonwy soon faces much more than the ordeal of becoming a dignified young maiden, for she possesses magical powers sought by the evil enchantress Queen Achren.
When Eilonwy is put under a deep spell, Taran and his companions set out on a dangerous quest to rescue her. Yet how can a lowly Assistant Pig-Keeper hope to stand against the most evil enchantress in all of Prydain?
About the Author
Lloyd Alexander (1924-2007) was the author of more than forty books for children and adults, including the beloved children's fantasy series, the Chronicles of Prydain, one of the most widely read series in the history of fantasy and the inspiration for the animated Disney film, The Black Cauldron. His books have won numerous awards, including the Newbery Medal, the Newbery Honor, and the National Book Award for Juvenile Literature.
“An exciting, highly imaginative, and sometimes profound fantasy of humor and heroism.” —The New York Times
“Character and dialogue is handled humorously and dextrously, which sets this classic-in-the-making apart from other folklore-based fantasies.” —Kirkus Reviews (Starred Review)